Join Our Parish Staff!
Director of Faith Formation and Evangelization (DFFE)
The DFFE is responsible for the faith formation of children, youth, and adults that empowers them to be disciples. The DFFE will develop creative approaches for formation and evangelization for children, youth, their families, and adult faith formation and spiritual enrichment throughout all parish ministries. Support, and work collaboratively with team members and volunteers, including those involved with RCIA, Baptism Preparation, liturgy, and social ministry to facilitate spiritual growth.
Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church. The work averages 40 hours a week including evening and weekend work. Benefits, vacation, and sick leave are accrued according to diocesan policies.
- Facilitate catechetical opportunities for children, youth, and adults.
- Implement catechetical and spiritual formation to evangelize and form disciples.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive adult faith formation program across all parish ministries and activities, including liturgical ministers, and ministry leaders.
- Recruit, train, and retain catechists and ministry volunteers.
- Evaluate programing for catechetical initiatives and innovation to engage parishioners.
- Coordinates and work with children and youth, and their families for sacramental preparation, including RCIA, Baptism, First Reconciliation and First Eucharist.
- Collaborate with Youth Minister for outreach for Confirmandi, and their families.
- Foster parishioner participation in faith formation, evangelization, stewardship, and outreach.
- Familiarity with Scripture and basic Church documents regarding catechesis and evangelization.
- Awareness and open to the latest models of adult faith formation and evangelizing strategies, programs, and technologies
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, Theology, Catechetics, Youth Ministry, or related experience
- Prior parish ministry experience – 2 years.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish is preferred.
Leadership, previous supervisory experience, interpersonal communication, organization, problem solving, motivating others, written and oral communication, creativity, and innovation, with strong planning skills.
A review of applications will begin immediately. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume with detailed work, and educational relevant to the position, and three references to email@example.com. Applications must be received by May 1, 2023.