Shepherd’s Gate Grants
Shepherd’s Gate is a small annual grant program that supports nonprofit organizations that reflect our parish mission to serve people in need, to do justice where inequity exists, to stand for human dignity, and to promote peace.
Net proceeds from Good Shepherd Catholic Church’s annual International Festival, held each year on Labor Day, fund the Shepherd’s Gate Grant Program.
Local, national and international community-based organizations are invited to apply for grants ranging from $500 to $5,000. To be eligible to participate, an organization’s program mission must fit one or more of the following categories:
- Serve the demonstrated needs of the subject community.
- Provide critical benefit to vulnerable individuals or families, particularly those in the low income bracket.
- Promote leadership opportunities, particularly among the poor and disenfranchised.
- Promote change to advance institutional entities, both public and private, that promote justice and advocacy for those in greatest need.
Last year we raised over $20,000 for the following recipients:
- Alice’s Kids
- The Borromeo Legal Project
- Family PASS
- Mother of Light Center
- OAR of Arlington
- Rising Hope United Methodist Church
Applications for Shepherd’s Gate Grants are now open! Please review the material below and submit an application by April 15, 2022.