Imagine the Possibilities – Our Capital Campaign
As we seek to accommodate the desire for ever-expanding ministries, enhance the beauty of our liturgy, and be good stewards of the facilities we have graciously been given, our vision is to:
Build a Chapel
Adjacent to our main worship space, a chapel will enable us to expand opportunities for daily Mass and Eucharistic Adoration, provide more intimate spaces for weddings, funerals, and daily Mass, and also contribute to a more energy-efficient use of our larger church space.
Create Additional Meeting and Classroom Space
We are seeking to expand the limited space currently available for our religious education program, youth ministry, and other parish groups and organizations. Creating additional spaces for classes and meetings will allow us to robustly fulfill our mission of handing on and growing in faith, one that is put into action through the service and advocacy of others.
A Prayer for Our Campaign
O God, You spoke in dreams to Joseph of Israel, and You made him a steward of the material gifts You provided to sustain Your people. You spoke in dreams to Joseph of Nazareth, and You invited him to make a home for Your Son Jesus. Today You encourage us to dream, to Imagine the Possibilities of how we as stewards of the gifts You have given us may build up the spiritual home where so many encounter Jesus today. Increase in our hearts a spirit of generosity, so every member of our parish will contribute to the effort to Imagine the Possibilities for prayer, learning and service in new and expanded spaces where we will give You glory and serve our neighbor now and forever. Amen.
(Father Tom Ferguson, 2020)
A Brief History
- 1965: Parish founded; First Mass: Sunday, May 30 held in gymnasium of nearby school
- 1967: Multi-purpose building dedicated June 17 by Bishop Russell
- 1984: Worship space completed; consecrated by Bishop Keating October 21
- 1991: Community center dedicated (later named Creedon Hall) (construction included classrooms, kitchen, nursery, offices)
- 2008: Task force created to study facility updates needed to serve parish needs through 2025
- 2011: Parishioner-led task force presented a Facility Master Plan
- 2012: Renovations completed (worship space, classrooms, kitchen, restrooms, and Creedon Hall, plus HVAC, sprinklers, etc.; fulfilled most of Phase I and partial Phase II of Master Plan)
- 2019: Planning for the next phase begins!
- June 2019: Survey Released
- August 13 and September 4, 2019: Parish Listening Sessions
- October 2019: Results of Survey Published
Track Our Progress!
Over 100 of our 3,500 families have already pledged, with commitments of over $2 million towards our $5 million goal. We are grateful for these generous gifts!
Ways to Give
- eGiving through PushPay
- Envelopes (sent monthly with collection envelopes)
- Check (payable to “Good Shepherd Catholic Church – Capital Campaign”)
- IRA Charitable Contributions
- Gifts of Securities (linked to the diocese form)
- Planned Gifts