Good Shepherd Gathers - LEARN & LIVE (Young Adults)
We invite you to reflect upon God's command to keep the Lord's Day holy, devoting ourselves to worship, rest, prayer, and solidarity.
As we begin our Summer Social Justice Series, this week we pray in a special way forall people to honor the first Pillar of Catholic Social Teaching: the Life and Dignity of the Human Person.
Summer Social Justice Series
Join us each week for the next 7 weeks as we explore the 7 Pillars of Catholic Social Teaching. We invite you each week to listen to Father Tom's introduction to the Pillar of the Week,
learn more from the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, and put your faith in action.
Week of July 5:
LIFE AND DIGNITY OF THE HUMAN PERSON
FAITH IN ACTION: Advocacy and Service
- Faith in Action: Resources for Today's Anti-Racist Catholic
Busted Halo, a website geared to Catholic young adults, offers a list of resources that will help American Catholics to be actively anti-racist, cope with the complex emotions of tense times, and work and pray for peace and unity.
- Justice for Immigrants (JFI) Action Alert to the U.S. Senate: Please Protect DACA Recipients
- Virginia Catholic Conference VoterVoice Post. Register to vote; update your voter information; request an absentee ballot; sign up to receive alerts and updates to bring Gospel values to bear on vital decisions being made by your elected representatives.
- The MaRih Center. The MaRiH Center (pronounced “Ma-rye-ah”) is a confidential, judgment-free, no pressure, open-hearted place for emergency pregnancy service for women in crisis. All services are free. They need donations to continue to operate and provide needed baby items… see the Amazon wish list, volunteer opportunities or donation options. How to help – The MaRiH Center
- Food donations. United Community needs donations of non-perishable food. CEREAL & PASTA are most needed for United Community’s neighborhood distribution. Please leave donations in the Sharing Sunday bin in the Commons.
- Christ House. Help feed the hungry at Christ House by providing provide ready-made bagged lunches. You can prepare these in your own home, from items you already have on hand, and deliver them to Good Shepherd. Sign Up HERE.