A Tradition of Recognizing our Graduating Seniors
GSCCYM is pleased to continue their “Hand Print Tradition” with graduating Seniors. If you have participated in Youth Ministry over the past years and are graduating, we want YOU to come and leave your mark in our Youth Center. Several Seniors have already completed this milestone, but it is not too late to be included. Come to Youth Group and we’ll be sure to get your hand on the wall.
June 4th & 5th: Youth Ministry 2nd Collection, Sharing Sunday & Donuts
In addition, this weekend is our final Youth Ministry fundraising push. We had such a successful Dinner and Auction back in April, but we still need those final dollars to help offset the cost of transportation to WorkCamp and other miscellaneous fees. Your support is never missed, please be generous.
Summer is Here! Well . . . almost
We will once again host Drop-In twice a week. What is Drop-In? It's a fun evening in addition to the weekly Youth Group meetings. It is open to Middle and High School students and could involve something a simple as a game of pool in the youth center to a full water gun battle outside. This year we are teaming up with St. Louis Youth Ministry for double the fun!
We have a great team of adult leaders that have volunteered to help out this summer. They are meeting and adding some fun activities to our summer calendar. Maybe we will have a July "snowball" fight again. In the mean time, make sure to note the following for July and August:
- Tuesdays 6:00 - 8:00 pm: Drop-in at St. Louis Gym
- Wednesdays 6:00 - 8:00 pm: Pickup Soccer (place TBD)
- Thursdays 6:00 - 8:00 pm: Drop-In at Good Shepherd
- Sunday, July 17: SUP (Stand Up Paddleboarding). Stay tuned for more details in the week ahead.
- Friday, August 5: Kings Dominion. Permission will be online in July.
- . . . and there will be more!
Middle School Work Camp is August 7 - 10. MSWC is a great opportunity for 7th and 8th graders to perform service in our local community. This is not an overnight WorkCamp, but rather daily opportunities within our local area. More details are on the website. High School students are encouraged to volunteer to help. Contact Miguel email@example.com
June 3, 9:30 am: Boy Scout Service Project Opportunity. JimHickey is conducting his Eagle Scout project in our Sharing Garden. A Peace Hole, two benches and some flowers will be installed. Contact Jim to volunteer firstname.lastname@example.org
July 30: Krakow in the Capital for Young Adults. As World Youth Day occurs in Poland, the Arlington, Baltimore and Washington Diocese have teamed up to bring WYD to Washington, DC. This day long event takes place at Catholic University and is open to all 18 years and older. More details and registration is online.
Volunteer Opportunities for Teens and Adults
- Vacation Bible School (VBS): July 25 – 29. It is that time of year to start planning for VBS! Last year we had 70 teen volunteers. Training will be Saturday or Sunday before VBS depending on your role. Contact email@example.com
- Youth Group Dinners: Help feed our teens! Visit the SignUp Genius link and find a date to provide dinner during Sunday Youth Group.
- Christ House, 1st Thursday 3:30 - 6:30 pm: Christ House is seeking volunteers for our monthly commitment on the 1st Thursday of the month to help feed the hungry. In addition, new adult leadership is needed to help coordinate this monthly endeavor. Contact Mike O'Neil firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Donuts after Mass: The next donut hospitality is June 4/5. Visit SignUp Genius for this and future dates.