Summer Fun Faith Formation Ideas
Here are some fun ideas to incorporate faith into your summer!
- Faith Formation. Have you been formed yet? If not, please sign up now-www.formed.org! It's free and easy - just enter Parish Access Code: TWR8NG and take advantage of the many child, teen, adult, and family faith formation opportunities. There are movies, cartoons, mp3s, books, and video Bible studies. It's a great way to continue building faith throughout the summer.
- Plant a Mary Garden. It’s always fun to plant and tend a garden; this one is themed to honor the Blessed Mother. You can build the garden around an outdoor statue, making Mary the heart of the garden. Choose flowers that are associated with the Blessed Mother in art, or plant a blue-and-white garden or a rose garden. This can become a special place for family members to gather and pray.
- Water Fun. What could be better than cool fun on a hot day? Start by sharing a Scripture story featuring water: for example, the Creation, the Baptism of the Lord, or the Wedding at Cana. Depending on your children’s ages, your family might enjoy a water balloon toss, splash contest in the pool, experiments with floating, sinking and evaporation, or a bathtub-duckie race.
- Go to Daily Mass. What a better way to start your day but with Jesus. Daily Mass is celebrated every day at 9:00 AM.
- Visit a Shrine. Someone once referred to DC as a Catholic Playground. There are amazing things to do in the area, such as, visit the National Basilica in DC, visit the Franciscan Monastery of the Holy Land, Saint John Paul II National Shrine, National Shrine Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes, or Basilica of the National Shrine of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton.
- Serve. Drop off food at Good Shepherd for St. Lucy's project, volunteer for VBS, or sign up to help in the sharing garden.
- Say the Rosary. Make it a habit of saying one decade of the rosary every day.