Parish Mardi Gras Celebration
(No need to cook tomorrow!)
Tuesday, February 28, 6-8pm
The Knights of Columbus are making pancakes, and our Faith Formation team has activities planned to make a fun and meaningful Mardi Gras celebration! The dinner is FREE but please RSVP to help us plan.
Ash Wednesday, March 1
Distribution of Ashes:
6:30am, 9am and 6pm Mass
plus 12 Noon Service of the Word
In Spanish: 6:30am (Mass in Creedon Hall) and 7:30pm
*NO Eucharistic Adoration or Confession on Ash Wednesday.
Small Acts of Mercy Weekend
March 4 - 5
Looking for a way to reconnect with God?
Want to deepen your prayer life?
Plan on being a part of our SAM Spiritual Acts of Mercy Weekend! The weekend includes:
- a special
Mass with Anointing of the Sick and
Blessing for Caregivers, Sat., at Noon;
- Peace and Presence Mini-Retreat, Sat., 10am - 12pm;
- Sharing Garden Clean-up, Sat., 2 - 5pm; RSVP HERE;
- Spiritual Resources Fair after all weekend Masses.
The Light is On for You!
The Sacrament of Reconciliation is available at all parishes in the Archdiocese of Washington and the Diocese of Arlington throughout Lent.
Wednesdays starting March 8: 6:30 - 8pm
This is a great opportunity to experience God’s mercy and love through the Sacrament of Reconciliation! (Haven't been to Confession in awhile? Check out some great resources to help HERE.)
Lent Initiative: #40Days40Ways
Sign up for 40Days40Ways with Pope Francis. (Developed by the Diocese of Arlington Office for Family Life.) 40Days40Ways promises a more intimate experience of God’s love this Lent by exploring the love we share with our families and those who are dearest to us. To sign up: text 'ways' to 84576 and receive daily reflections and a challenge which offer a “way” to keep our hearts and minds focused on the joy of Easter.
More Ideas for Lent
For opportunities for
Prayer, Fasting and Almsgiving:
Check out our special site!
Look for these ideas ... and more!
- Cross of Mercy Visit the Cross in the Commons to leave a prayer request, or take a prayer request home. Grow in faith as we pray for one another.
- Soup and Stations Join us Wednesdays starting March 8 for a light soup supper and a presentation of the Stations of the Cross, 6:30 - 8pm. (Volunteers welcome! CLICK HERE)
- Bishops's Lenten Appeal BLA. Prayerfully consider making a pledge. Through your support of this important appeal, you become the hands and heart of our Lord Jesus!
may we also embrace a time of feasting on the Word of God,
on prayer and on the joy that comes from sharing our time, attention, energy,
and even our treasure with others."
- Father Tom Ferguson
"Loving as Christ loves, serving as Christ serves."