Friday, November 4
Join us for First Friday Eucharistic Adoration after 9am Mass. All are welcome!
This Weekend at Good Shepherd:
- Spaghetti Dinner - Saturday, November 5, 5pm. Join us for delicious pasta, fellowship and fun! Cost: $14/family, $8/adult.
- Sharing Sunday - November 5 and 6. Thank you for your donations of non-perishable food to fill the shelves at United Community Ministries!
- Second Collection - Sunday, November 6 for The Archdiocese for the Military This collection provides pastoral care and the sacraments to Catholic men and woman serving in the U.S military. Thanks for your support and generosity!
- Vocations Awareness Week begins Sunday Please join in prayer for vocations. Please ask Our Lord for more dedicated, holy priests, deacons and consecrated men and women. May they be inspired by Jesus Christ, supported by our faith community, and respond generously to God’s gift of a vocation.
- NO Faith Formation Classes - Sunday, Monday and Thursday November 6, 7 and 10.
Resources in an Election Year: Faithful Citizenship
As we prepare to participate in the upcoming national elections, please see information about forming our consciences. Resources include:
- Columns Bishop Loverde has written for the Arlington Herald. READ HERE
- Virginia Catholic Conference Voter guide
- Virginia bishops’ Election Letter
- Novena Prayer for our Country - Sunday, October 30 - Monday, November 7
- American bishops’ statement “Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship"
Holy Hour of Eucharistic Adoration and Prayer for our Country
Wednesday, November 9, 6-7pm
Please join Father Tom and fellow parishioners for a Holy Hour of Eucharistic Adoration and prayer for our country. Consider also a form of fasting – including abstaining from meat on Fridays – as a sacrifice to offer for the future of our country.
Guidelines for Parish Political Activities
Our parish follows the guidelines of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) and the Virginia Catholic Conference on the distribution of political literature:
- the Church does not endorse or oppose political candidates;
- the parish does not distribute partisan campaign literature on Church property or through official Church channels.
It came to our attention that partisan materials were distributed on our property last weekend. We apologize and want to reassure parishioners that the materials were not distributed in an official capacity. We ask all visitors and parishioners to respect Church guidelines: do not distribute partisan materials anywhere on Church property (information counter, parking lot, classrooms, etc.). If you see someone placing materials, please alert the parish staff immediately.
Novena for All Souls
November 2 - 11, at all Masses
During November, remember your deceased loved ones in a Novena of Masses. Pick up a card in the office.
Holiday Grief Workshop
Thursday, November 10, 7:30pm
Join other community members who are experiencing grief over the loss of a loved one. Hosted by Circle of Caring. Contact: Judy White, 703-768-2087.
Jesse Tree Event
Saturday, November 19, 6pm
Sign up now to help us plan for the event. Come make your own ornaments for this Advent tradition, which provides a link between Christmas trees and the story of Jesus' birth. CLICK HERE
Pipe Repair Work on Surrey Drive
Fairfax County has begun repairs on underground storm pipes adjacent to Surrey Drive. (The work is separate from sewer work currently being done.) The project is expected to take 5 weeks. Please heed all signs and directions to stay out of the work area. Thank you for your help!
"Loving as Christ loves, serving as Christ serves."