For opportunities for PRAYER, FASTING and ALMSGIVING, visit our Lent Website!
Palm Sunday, April 9 and Holy Week, April 9-15. For Mass Schedule and more, CLICK HERE
This week - stop by the Cross of Mercy to take a prayer request home with you. Grow in faith as a community as we pray for one another.
This Weekend at Good Shepherd
- Coffee and Donuts - Join us after all morning and noon Masses on Sunday!
- Sharing Sunday - Bring donations of non-perishable groceries to share with the UCM food pantry and Catholic Charities' St. Lucy Project.
Bishop's Lenten Appeal
Become the hands and heart of our Lord Jesus! It's not too late to participate and help ministries around the Diocese! Thank you to all who have contributed! PLEDGE TODAY
Couples' Group Meeting
Tuesday April 4, 7:30pm
Are you interested in meeting other couples to share your faith journey as husbands and wives, mothers and fathers? The Good Shepherd Couples Group is the place for you! Contact: Joan Sheppard if you are interested.
Donate Meals for Christ House
GS teens feed our hungry and homeless brothers and sisters the first Thursday of each month at Christ House. You can help by providing prepared foods! Sign up HERE or contact Sheila Keyes, or Susan Grunder.
Wednesday Evenings in Lent
- Mass 6pm
- Eucharistic Adoration 6:30 - 8pm (in the church)
- The Light is On for You 6:30 - 8pm (in the church) The Sacrament of Reconciliation is available at all parishes. Experience God's mercy and love!
- Soup and Stations 6:30 - 8pm (in Creedon Hall) Join us for a light soup supper and a presentation of the Stations of the Cross. Volunteers welcome! CLICK HERE.
For Teens: Youth Groups and More!
- High School Nights - Sundays, 7:30 - 9pm
- Middle School Youth Group - Thursdays, 6:30 - 7:30pm
- High School WorkCamp - A few spots left! Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer Opportunities for Teens:
- Live Stations of the Cross - Good Friday, April 14, 6pm. Participate in the presentation of the Live Stations of the Cross.
- Christ House Shelter in Old Town Alexandria - Feed the hungry every first Thursday of the month. Donations of prepared foods needed! To donate food, sign up HERE For information, contact: Sheila Keyes or Susan Grunder
2017-18 Faith Formation Registration:
Elementary, Middle and High School
General registration opens May 4, 6 and 7. For important information, please check the Faith Formation webpage.
Another Way to Give ...When you switch from envelopes to electronic giving with Faith Direct you help our parish and the environment:
- reduce the use and waste of paper envelopes,
- reduce the need for staff and volunteer time processing donations,
- provide consistent giving to help the parish budget efficiently.
"Loving as Christ loves, serving as Christ serves."
Forward email to a Friend | "Like" us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter | Enroll in Faith Direct!
Copyright © 2017 Good Shepherd Catholic Church, All rights reserved.