Visit the Cross in the Commons to take a prayer request home or leave your own request.
Grow in faith as a parish family
as we pray for one another.
For opportunities for PRAYER, FASTING and
ALMSGIVING, visit our Lent Website!
Coming Soon! Palm Sunday and Holy Week. For Mass Schedule and more, CLICK HERE
This weekend at Good Shepherd ...
- Spaghetti Dinner! Saturday, 5 - 8pm. Join fellow parishioners for a delicious pasta dinner and fellowship! Cost: $5/adult; $10/couple; and $20 for family of four or more.
- Sharing Sunday Every Weekend During Lent. Bring donations of non-perishable groceries to share with the UCM food pantry and Catholic Charities' St. Lucy Project.
- WorkCamp Nail Sale after all Masses. Stop by the Information Counter to get a nail and prayer card. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bishops's Lenten Appeal BLA. Become the hands and heart of our Lord Jesus! If you haven't already pledged, envelopes are available in the parish office.Thank you to all those who have contributed!
- Catholic Relief Services. Support the CRS collection and help those in need around the world!
Evening of Reconciliation
Monday, March 27
4:30 - 5:30pm and 6:30 - 8pm
Two sessions with priests in English and Spanish.
Wednesday Evenings in Lent
- Mass 6pm
- Eucharistic Adoration 6:30 - 8pm (in the church)
- The Light is On for You 6:30 - 8pm (in the church) The Sacrament of Reconciliation is available at all parishes. Experience God's mercy and love!
- Soup and Stations 6:30 - 8pm (in Creedon Hall) Join us for a light soup supper and a presentation of the Stations of the Cross. Volunteers welcome! CLICK HERE.
For Teens: Youth Groups and More!
- High School Nights - Sundays, 7:30 - 9pm
- Middle School Youth Group - Thursdays, 6:30 - 7:30pm
- High School WorkCamp - A few spots left! Contact: email@example.com
- Volunteer Opportunities for Teens:
- Spaghetti Dinner - Saturday, March 25. Help serve and clean-up. Contact:Bob Schwenk
- Shadow Stations of the Cross - Wednesday, March 29, 6:30-8pm. Present the Stations of the Cross during Soup and Stations.
- Live Stations of the Cross - Good Friday, April 14, 6pm. Participate in the presentation of the Live Stations of the Cross.
- Christ House Shelter in Old Town Alexandria - Help feed the hungry every first Thursday of the month! For information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up HERE
2017-18 Faith Formation Registration:
Elementary, Middle and High School
General registration opens May 4, 6 and 7. For important information, please check the Faith Formation webpage.
Another Way to Give ...When you switch from envelopes to electronic giving with Faith Direct you help our parish and the environment:
- reduce the use and waste of paper envelopes,
- reduce the need for staff and volunteer time processing donations,
- provide consistent giving to help the parish budget efficiently.