Visit the Cross in the Commons to take a prayer request home or leave your own request.
Grow in faith as a parish family
as we pray for one another.
For opportunities for PRAYER, FASTING and
ALMSGIVING, visit our Lent Website!
Parish Lenten Mission:
Christ Jesus: Living Water, Light of Life
Sunday, March 19, 7:45pm
Monday and Tuesday, March 20 - 21, 7pm
Father Don Heet will present our annual Lenten Mission. Father Heet is an Oblate of St. Francis de Sales and currently a Parochial Vicar at St. John Neumann Parish in Reston. Includes hospitality each night. You won’t want to miss a minute!
This weekend at Good Shepherd ...
- Pilgrimage to John Paul II Shrine Saturday, March 18, 9am - 2pm. Visit the John Paul II Shrine in Washington DC for Mass and a tour. Bring a box lunch. For details and to RSVP CLICK HERE.
- Rummage Sale Saturday, March 18, 9am - Noon. Shop for children’s clothing, toys, books, maternity clothes, and more! Admission $1 (donated to charity).
- Pancake Breakfast Sunday, March 18 after morning Masses and Noon Mass. Enjoy a delicious breakfast and fellowship in Creedon Hall. Hosted by our wonderful Knights of Columbus! (Free-will donations are gratefully accepted by the Knights to help support their many ministries.)
- Sharing Sunday Every Weekend During Lent. Bring donations of non-perishable groceries to share with neighbors in need.
- WorkCamp Nail Sale after all Masses. Stop by the Information Counter to get a nail and prayer card. Contact: email@example.com.
- Bishops's Lenten Appeal BLA. Become the hands and heart of our Lord Jesus! If you haven't already pledged, envelopes are available in the parish office.Thank you to all those who have contributed!
- Second Collection: Facilities Maintenance. Thank you for your support for our building and grounds operations!
Wednesday Evenings in Lent
- Mass 6pm
- Eucharistic Adoration 6:30 - 8pm (in the church)
- The Light is On for You 6:30 - 8pm (in the church) The Sacrament of Reconciliation is available at all parishes. Experience God's mercy and love!
- Soup and Stations 6:30 - 8pm (in Creedon Hall) Join us for a light soup supper and a presentation of the Stations of the Cross. Volunteers welcome! CLICK HERE.
For Teens: Youth Groups and More!
- High School Nights - Sundays, 7:30 - 9pm
- Middle School Youth Group - Thursdays, 6:30 - 7:30pm
- High School WorkCamp - A few spots left! Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer Opportunities for Teens:
- Spaghetti Dinner - Saturday, March 25. Help serve and clean-up. Contact:Bob Schwenk
- Shadow Stations of the Cross - Wednesday, March 29, 6:30-8pm. Present the Stations of the Cross during Soup and Stations.
- Live Stations of the Cross - Good Friday, April 14, 6pm. Participate in the presentation of the Live Stations of the Cross.
2017-18 Faith Formation Registration:
Elementary, Middle and High School
General registration opens May 4, 6 and 7. For important information, please check the Faith Formation webpage.
Next Weekend: Spaghetti Dinner!
Saturday, March 25, 5 - 8pm
Join fellow parishioners for a delicious pasta dinner and fellowship! Cost: $5/adult; $10/couple; and $20 for family of four or more.
Another Way to Give ...When you switch from envelopes to electronic giving with Faith Direct you help our parish and the environment:
- reduce the use and waste of paper envelopes,
- reduce the need for staff and volunteer time processing donations,
- provide consistent giving to help the parish budget efficiently.