For opportunities for prayer, Confession, Stations of the Cross and more during Holy Week, please see:
Holy Week Schedule (day-by-day schedule of events)
Holy Week Events (by type of event)
Final week for the Cross of Mercy. Take a prayer request home with you and make it your own. We are growing in faith as we pray for one another.
First Friday Adoration, April 7
Join us for Eucharistic Adoration after the 9am Mass.
(Adoration and Mass in Spanish at 7:30pm and 8pm)
Also this Friday: Stations of the Cross: 6:45pm (7:30pm in Spanish)
All are welcome!
This Weekend at Good Shepherd
- Parish Model Seder - Saturday, April 8, 3 - 5pm Experience the traditional Passover meal as Rabbi Rain Zohav and Father Tom walk us through the prayers and blessings of the night Jesus instituted the Eucharist. Please RSVP HERE
- Sharing Sunday - Bring donations of non-perishable groceries to share with the UCM food pantry and Catholic Charities' St. Lucy Project.
- Prayers for the RCIA: Return your cards by Sunday, April 9. If you picked up a Lenten Prayer card and have been praying for one of our parish RCIA Catechumens or Candidates, please return the card to the basket at the Information Counter.
Bishop's Lenten Appeal
Become the hands and heart of our Lord Jesus! It's not too late to participate and help ministries around the Diocese! Thank you to all who have contributed! PLEDGE TODAY
Potomac River Cleanup
Saturday, April 8, 9am - 12pm Dyke Marsh and Belle Haven Picnic Area
Meet at GS at 8:30am to carpool or meet at Dyke Marsh at 9am. Bags and gloves provided. Wear old clothes and waterproof shoes. Please RSVP HERE
Wednesday, April 12, 6pm Holy Hour (in the church);
7pm Discussion and fellowship (in classroom 5)
Join fellow Catholics as we gather to pray, hear each other’s stories and draw on the riches of our Church for help and healing. Come for part or all of the evening. Contact Susan Grunder.
Donate Meals for Christ House
GS teens feed our hungry and homeless brothers and sisters the first Thursday of each month at Christ House. You can help by providing prepared foods! Sign up HERE or contact Sheila Keyes, or Susan Grunder.
Final Wednesday of Lent, April 12
- Mass 9am and 6pm
- Eucharistic Adoration 6:30 - 8pm (in the church)
- The Light is On for You 6:30 - 8pm (in the church) The Sacrament of Reconciliation is available at all parishes. Experience God's mercy and love!
- Donate White Flowers - for the overnight Adoration on Holy Thursday, please bring them to the office all day on Wednesday, before 7pm.
2017-18 Faith Formation Registration:
Elementary, Middle and High School
General registration opens May 4, 6 and 7. For important information, please check the Faith Formation webpage.
Parish Mission Now on YouTube
If you missed Father Don Heet's presentation
Christ Jesus: Living Water, Light of Life
check out the videos on YouTube.
For Teens: Youth Groups and More!
- High School Nights - Sundays, 7:30 - 9pm
- Middle School Youth Group - Thursdays, 6:30 - 7:30pm
- High School WorkCamp - A few spots left! Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spring Break Movie Field Trip - Tuesday, April 11. Join other young people from the parish for service, lunch and a movie! Permission form HERE
- Volunteer Opportunities for Teens:
- Veneration of the Cross - Good Friday, April 14, 3pm. Help carry the cross during veneration. Contact: email@example.com
- Live Stations of the Cross - Good Friday, April 14, 6pm. Participate in the presentation of the Live Stations of the Cross. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christ House Shelter in Old Town Alexandria - Feed the hungry every first Thursday of the month. Donations of prepared foods needed! To donate food, sign up HERE For information, contact: Sheila Keyes or Susan Grunder
Another Way to Give ...When you switch from envelopes to electronic giving with Faith Direct you help our parish and the environment:
- reduce the use and waste of paper envelopes,
- reduce the need for staff and volunteer time processing donations,
- provide consistent giving to help the parish budget efficiently.