- Journey to the Cross, Soup and Stations - Friday, March 11, 6-7:30pm Join the 5th graders as they present a live Stations of the Cross. Soup will be made and served by our 6th graders! RSVP HERE (to help us have enough food!)
- Sharing Sunday every Weekend in Lent: Thank you for donations of non-perishable groceries to help neighbors in need.
- Operation Rice Bowl: Pick up a Rice Bowl this weekend and participate in this Lenten activity of prayer, fasting and giving.
- Nail Sale after Masses: Support our HS teens as they raise money for WorkCamp. Thank you for your prayers and donations!
DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME begins this Sunday, March 13 at 2am
Don't forget to change your clocks!
Good Shepherd has an immediate opening for a part-time Receptionist / Administrative Assistant, supporting parishioners, volunteers, and visitors. Hours are Mon.-Thurs. 5pm-8pm and Sunday 8am-4pm. Candidates should send a cover letter, detailed work and education resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. (See also our ONLINE AD)
OPPORTUNITIES DURING LENT
Join us in Prayer, Fasting, and Charity as we Journey to Easter in the Year of Mercy. Some activities for Lent include:
- Parish Seder Saturday, March 19, 3-4:30pm with Rabbi Rain Zohav from the Interfaith Families Project. REGISTER HERE
- and much more! For information on our Lent opportunities: Read our Lent Brochure and visit our web site.
- Wednesday evening Mass, at 6pm
- The Light is On for You, Sacrament of Reconciliation, Wednesdays, 6:30 - 8:00pm
- Stations of the Cross, Fridays, 6:45pm
- Lectio Divina, (Bible study / Prayer group) Fridays, 9:45am
100th ANNIVERSARY OF THE IRISH EASTER RISING and ST. PATRICK'S DAY PARTY
Saturday, March 19 at the Knights of Columbus Hall, 8592 Richmond Hwy, Alexandria, VA 22309. Join the Knights for a celebration of Irish History and a Dinner. Includes a guest speaker, music, food, and dancing. CLICK HERE to buy tickets and for more details.