- NO RE Classes on Sunday, February 14 and Monday, February 15
- Sharing Sunday every Sunday in Lent: Thank you for donations of non-perishable groceries to help neighbors in need.
- Book of the Month on Sale after Mass - The February Book of the Month is Kerry Weber's Mercy in the City: How to Feed the Hungry, Give Drink to the Thirty, Visit the Imprisoned and Keep Your Day Job. Read the book and join us for a discussion on Tuesday, March 8, 7pm.
- LMVSC Soccer Registration: Sunday, 1-4pm Volunteers from LMVSC will be available to assist with registration for Spring soccer.
- The office is closed Monday, February 15 for President's Day.
OPPORTUNITIES DURING LENT
Join us in Prayer, Fasting, and Charity as we Journey to Easter in the Year of Mercy. Some activities for Lent include:
- Wednesday evening Mass, at 6pm
- The Light is On for You, Sacrament of Reconciliation, Wednesdays, 6:30 - 8:00pm (all parishes in DC and Arlington)
- Stations of the Cross, Fridays, 6:45pm
- Parish Mission with Father Matt Hillyard, Sunday, February 28 - Tuesday, March 1(details)
- and much more!
BISHOP'S LENTEN APPEAL (BLA) - DONATE NOW!
Go Forth as Heralds of God's Mercy
Support the BLA and serve the needy, educate our youth, encourage vocations, promote a culture of life and assist the clergy, religious, and lay people who help build and strengthen our diocesan Church. Prayerfully consider making a pledge.
- To learn more about the ministries, programs and charitable works of our diocese, CLICK HERE.
- The EASIEST and FASTEST way to make a donation is online: CLICK HERE!
Good Shepherd has an immediate opening for a part-time Receptionist / Administrative Assistant, supporting parishioners, volunteers, and visitors. Hours are Mon.-Thurs. 5pm-8pmand Sunday 8am-4pm. Candidates should send a cover letter, detailed work and education resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 19. (See also our ONLINE AD)
ESTATE PLANNING SEMINAR AT KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS
8592 Richmond Hwy, Alexandria, VA 22309
Thursday, February 18, 6:00pm Social Meeting / Pot luck Dinner followed by seminar (7:30pm). Contact the Knights for more information.
FYI - INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
Emergency announcements are shared in the following ways:
- parish website (announcements are placed on the home page; and HERE)
- parish Mobile App (CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE APP - Be first to get the news!
THANK YOU FOR USING FAITH DIRECT! Information and sign up HERE.
During a snow storm, our expenses go up and our in-pew collections go down. Help Good Shepherd keep on budget by signing up for Faith Direct.