- Mom's Group Rummage Sale - Saturday, March 5, 9am - Noon. Bargains on kids clothing, toys, maternity clothes and more!
- Journey to the Cross - Saturday, March 5 6-8pm Family-friendly event with dinner and activities. RSVP HERE (to help us have enough food!)
- Coffee and Donuts - Join us in Creedon Hall after Sunday morning Mass for fellowship!
- Sharing Sunday every Weekend in Lent: Thank you for donations of non-perishable groceries to help neighbors in need.
- Operation Rice Bowl: Pick up a Rice Bowl this weekend and participate in this Lenten activity of prayer, fasting and giving.
- Nail Sale after Masses: Support our HS teens as they raise money for WorkCamp. Thank you for your prayers and donations!
Extended period when both Good Shepherd and visiting priests will be available to celebrate the sacrament of Reconciliation.
FEBRUARY BOOK OF THE MONTH - Discussion next Tuesday, March 8, 7:30pm
Join us in reading Mercy in the City: How to Feed the Hungry, Give Drink to the Thirsty, Visit the Imprisoned and Keep Your Day Job, by Kerry Weber. Learn more about the book:WATCH VIDEO
"Mercy in the City is Kerry Weber's humorous and authentic story of exploring the
challenges and rewards that accompany a lay Catholic trying to practice
the Corporal Works of Mercy in New York City."
Good Shepherd has an immediate opening for a part-time Receptionist / Administrative Assistant, supporting parishioners, volunteers, and visitors. Hours are Mon.-Thurs. 5pm-8pm and Sunday 8am-4pm. Candidates should send a cover letter, detailed work and education resume, and three references to email@example.com. (See also our ONLINE AD)
OPPORTUNITIES DURING LENT
Join us in Prayer, Fasting, and Charity as we Journey to Easter in the Year of Mercy. Some activities for Lent include:
- Wednesday evening Mass, at 6pm
- The Light is On for You, Sacrament of Reconciliation, Wednesdays, 6:30 - 8:00pm
- Stations of the Cross, Fridays, 6:45pm
- Lectio Divina, (Bible study / Prayer group) Fridays, 9:45am
- Friday Fish Fry at the Knights of Columbus (8592 Richmond Hwy, Alexandria, VA 22309) 5pm-6:30pm Flounder, cole slaw, potato salad and more for family-friendly prices! DETAILS HERE
- and much more! For information on our Lent opportunities: Read our Lent Brochure and visit our web site.
BISHOP'S LENTEN APPEAL (BLA) -
Go Forth as Heralds of God's Mercy
Support the BLA and serve the needy, educate our youth, encourage vocations, promote a culture of life and assist the clergy, religious, and lay people who help build and strengthen our diocesan Church. Prayerfully consider making a pledge.
- To learn more about the ministries, programs and charitable works of our diocese, CLICK HERE.
- The EASIEST and FASTEST way to make a donation is online: CLICK HERE!
THANK YOU FOR USING FAITH DIRECT! Information and sign up HERE.
Looking for something to "give up" during Lent? Consider giving up envelopes and switching to online giving! Help Good Shepherd keep on budget by signing up for Faith Direct.