Net proceeds from the 2016 International Festival went to award grants totaling $25,000 to nine amazing community-based organizations. Congratulations to our 2017 winners!
- Alice's Kids - to assist children in poverty with minor but important needs that can make such an impact on a child’s life, such as a pair of soccer cleats, glasses or summer camp fees.
- Britepaths (formerly Our Daily Bread) - to support the Naomi Project, which matches high-risk pregnant women with trained volunteers who are committed to promoting health pregnancies and healthy babies.
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington: Hogar Immigrant Services - to help fund legal immigration services workshops for members of our immigrant community. The program would help to screen at least 105 individuals living in the Mount Vernon area for eligible forms of immigration relief under the law.
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington: St. Lucy Project - to provide fresh eggs and milk to the hungry in the Diocese of Arlington.
- Catholics for Housing - to assist families and individuals transitioning into permanent housing with security deposit payments.
- Guadalupe Free Clinic of Colonial Beach - to help provide free health and dental care to the indigent and working poor residents of Westmoreland County (Northern Neck of Virginia). The clinic serves nearly 1,300 residents and is largely volunteer-operated and donor-supported. The grant will help upgrade the HVAC system in the clinic’s 90 year old building on the grounds of St. Elizabeth of Hungary Church.
- Hopkins House - to provide college tuition and other financial aid to low-income, first generation college bound teens and young adults enrolled in the Hopkins House Early Childhood Learning Institute.
- Mount Vernon at Home (MVAH) - to provide two low-income residents of the Mount Vernon area a no-cost membership in MVAH. MVAH exists to help seniors to “age in place.” Members receive guaranteed, reliable transportation to medical appointments, retailers, grocery, and social events, as well as access to personalized aging-related information and discounted referrals for vetted professional service providers.
- Sanctity of Life Ministries - to expand their ultrasound program at a faith-based non-profit whose aim is to support women in unplanned pregnancies.