We are grateful to our snow-removal team for their hard work clearing our parking lots and sidewalks. Please use caution as the piles of snow mean there is reduced visibility in the lot, as well as a reduction in parking spaces. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we modified schedules this week due to the weather! Stay tuned to our website, mobile App, Facebook and Twitter to stay up-to-date on cancellations. (To see pictures of GS in the snow, CLICK HERE.)
ACTIVITIES CANCELLED THURSDAY (Jan 28) AND FRIDAY (Jan 29)
Activities (classes, meetings, programs) are canceled today (Thursday) and tomorrow (Friday). Weekend activities (Saturday and Sunday) are NOT canceled!
- Mass at Good Shepherd (plus Confession and Adoration) is not canceled. Parishioners are encouraged to use their best judgement when deciding whether to attend.
- The parish office follows the Federal Government status. Note: Our regular office hours are M-Th: 9am-8pm; Fr: 9am-5pm; and Sun: 8am-4pm (closed Sat). When the Federal Govt is open we maintain our regular hours.
BISHOP'S LENTEN APPEAL (BLA) BEGINS - DONATE NOW! Go Forth as Heralds of God's Mercy
The BLA supports parishioners throughout our diocese in the mission of sharing the love and mercy of Christ by
- serving the needy,
- educating and forming our youth and teens,
- encouraging vocations,
- promoting a culture of life
- and assisting the clergy, religious, and lay people who help build and strengthen our diocesan Church.
EVENTS RESCHEDULED DUE TO SNOW CANCELLATIONS
- Year of Mercy Family Event Do Justly, Walk Humbly, Love Mercy - Saturday, February 27, after 5pm Mass (Mass will be hosted by our 6th Graders.) RSVP HERE
- Adult WorkCamp Informational meeting, Tuesday, February 16, 7:30pm in the parlor lounge. Hear about this life-changing service opportunity! CLICK HERE for registration information.
VALENTINE DINNER AND DANCE Celebrating a Day of Friendship - A Social Event for the Whole Parish
Saturday, February 6, 7pm - Midnight
Enjoy Latin music, food, fellowship and fun! $30/person. Proceeds benefit UCM’s Progreso Center for Literacy and Citizenship.DETAILS HERE
FYI - INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
Emergency announcements are shared in the following ways:
- parish website (announcements are placed on the home page; and HERE)
- parish Mobile App (CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE APP)
THANK YOU FOR USING FAITH DIRECT! Information and sign up HERE.
During a snow storm, our expenses go up and our in-pew collections go down. Help Good Shepherd keep on budget by signing up for Faith Direct.