Sunday, January 5 - No classes
Wednesday, January 8 - Questions of Faith #1: Does God Answer My Prayers? (No classes)
Sunday, January 12 - Sunday classes resume
Wednesday, January 15 - Wednesday classes resume
Sunday, January 19 - No classes (MLK weekend)
Wednesday, January 22 - Sponsor Eligibility Letters due in class (2nd Year Only)
Sunday, January 26 - Sponsor Eligibility Letters due in class (2nd Year Only)
Wednesday, January 29 - No classes (Catechist Appreciation Event)
Saturday, February 1 - Confirmation Retreat (2nd Year Middle School Only)
Thursday, February 6 - Questions of Faith #2: Why Does God Allow Suffering?
Wednesday, January 8, 7:00 - 8:00pm
Does God Answer My Prayers? with Father Tom Ferguson
The first in our series of three events designed to help teens explore difficult faith questions. Students preparing for Confirmation are expected to attend all three events in the course of their two-year preparation program.
Wednesday, January 22 or Sunday, January 26, 2020: Sponsor Eligibility Letter due.
- Sponsors should give their Eligibility Letter directly to the Candidate, who will submit it directly to their catechist. Eligibility Letters should not be sent to the parish office by mail, fax, or email.
- At Good Shepherd from 11am - 6pm;
- Cost $20: cash or check due at check-in table on the day of the retreat;
- Includes pizza lunch and 5pm Vigil Mass;
- Candidates are required to stay for the complete time of the retreat, including Mass;
- The retreat will be facilitated by a team of young adults from NET Ministries.
The young adults who lead our Middle School Confirmation Retreat travel around the country from September to May giving retreats for teens. At each parish, parishioners volunteer to house and feed team members during their stay. It is a wonderful experience! Please contact Rosie for details if you are able to offer two or more young men or young women:
- a place to sleep on Friday night, January 31;
- breakfast on Saturday morning, February 1;
- a ride to Good Shepherd on Saturday morning, February 1.