April 2: MS 2nd Year Confirmation Retreat
April 10 &14: 2nd Year Confirmation Forms Due
(Middle & High School)
April 21 & 24 No Classes
May 1 & 5: 1st and 2nd Year Service Projects Due
May 8&12: No Classes
May 15: Pentecost Party
May 21: High School Confirmation Retreat
May 22: RE Registration 2016-17 Re-Opens
May 22&26: Last Day of Classes
1st YEAR STUDENTS
Works of Mercy Project Due
Sunday, May 1 and Thursday, May 5 in class
Click HERE for the Project Assignment
Bilingual Mass for 1st Year Students and Families -- CANCELLED
Sunday, June 5 at 4:00pm
2nd YEAR STUDENTS
Confirmation Name Form and Sponsor Packet Are Past Due
If you have not submitted these requirements, you must bring them to your next class session and submit them directly to Ms. Rosie. DO NOT turn them in to your catechist or to anyone in the office.
- NOTE: Candidates who have not turned in their paper work are officially "on hold" and are not eligible to proceed to the Confirmation interview until all requirements are submitted.
Pentecost Project: Due Sunday, May 1 or Thursday, May 5 in class
- Click HERE for the Project Assigment. Please follow directions carefully.
- Click HERE for pictures of sample projects and the 2015 Pentecost Party Poster Display.
- If you do not receive the 1/2 sheet of poster board provided in class on Sunday, April 17 and Thursday, April 28, you may pick one up from Ms. Rosie or provide your own 1/2 sheet of poster board.
Saturday, May 14 (decorating) and Sunday, May 15 (serving)
2nd Year Confirmation Candidates host the annual Pentecost Party , when we celebrate the birthday of the Church after Masses on Pentecost. Pentecost Project Posters will be on display. To volunteer, sign up HERE
High School Confirmation Retreat
Saturday, May 21, 8:30am - 2pm at Good Shepherd (note time change)
- $20 due at check-in table at 8:30am
- Reetreat opens with Mass at 9:00am (parents are welcome)
- Dress comfortably and appropriately
- Lunch and snacks provided
The Sacrament of Confirmation will be celebrated on Saturday, October 22 at 10am and 2pm in a bilingual celebration presided by Most Reverend Paul S. Loverde.
- See the MSHS Bulletin Board to sign up for a Summer Interview and to determine your Confirmation time.
- Click HERE for the complete Summer/Fall Calendar
Registration for 2016-17 Classes Re-Opens on Sunday, May 22.
- Current 1st Year students must register for their 2nd year of Confirmation preparation. Click HERE for details.
- Current 2nd Year students do not register or pay tuition. See the Summer/Fall Calendar for required events.
Donuts after Mass
Sunday, May 1
An ongoing service opportunity that takes place the first Sunday of each month. Sign up HERE
First Holy Communion Reception
Saturday, May 7
The Faith Formation team is seeking volunteers to help after one, or all, of the First Communion Masses on Saturday, May 7. Volunteers help with setting up and serving cake and juice. Masses are scheduled at 10:30 am, 12:30 pm and 2:30 pm. If interested, email email@example.com .
Vacation Bible School
July 25 - 29
Teens are invited to participate in a variety of roles. Click HERE to register to volunteer. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. NOTE: rising 2nd year students may use this service experience to fulfill their 2nd Year service requirement.
Middle School WorkCamp
August 7 - 10
Open to students currently in grades 6 - 8. Visit the Youth Ministry page HERE for an application and information packet. Contact Miguel de Angel, email@example.com. NOTE: rising 2nd year students may use this service experience to fulfill their 2nd Year service requirement.