September 9 - Youth Ministry Kick-Off
September 15 - MSHS Volunteer Training
September 23 - Sunday Classes Begin; HS Youth Group
September 29 - MSHS Opening Mass
October 3 - Wednesday Classes Begin; MS Youth Group
October 7-8 - High School Lock-In
October 20 - Confirmation 2018
October 21 - Diocesan High School Rally
We invite you to read this MSHS Newsletter every month to stay informed of Good Shepherd's
Middle and High School Faith Formation program, as well as opportunities for teen service and fun.
Questions? Contact MSHS Coordinator, Rosie Driscoll at email@example.com
We use several methods of communication to keep Middle and High School families informed:
- Website: Please visit the Teen Faith Formation Pages of the parish website for complete information about the MSHS program, including calendars, curriculum, policies/requirements, teen volunteer opportunities, and more.
- Monthly Newsletter: Parents receive a text and an email each month with a link to the Monthly Newsletter that highlights important information and upcoming events.
- Email: Parents will receive emails with important reminders as needed. If you are not receiving these emails, please contact Rosie to make sure we have your correct email address.
- Text Messages: Parents receive text messages when we need to communicate information immediately, such as in the case of class cancellations, and to direct you to important information as needed. If you are not receiving text messages, please contact Rosie to make sure we have your correct cell phone number.
Saturday, September 29 at 3:00pm (Please note the time change)
We kick off a new year of Faith Formation with an opening bilingual Mass for MSHS students and families. All students should attend with at least one parent; all family members are welcome!
Sunday, September 23 and Wednesday, October 3
Please note that Wednesday classes start a week later than the rest of Faith Formation classes due to a conflict with Back-to-School Night at Carl Sandburg Middle School.
- Click HERE for the complete calendar of classes and MSHS events for 2018-19 and mark your calendars with events that are required outside of class meetings.
- MSHS students may miss no more than 4 class sessions in the year. If there is a significant conflict in your child's schedule with MSHS classes, you must make a choice between competing commitments.
- In order to maintain a safe environment, we exhort parents to follow MSHS policies for drop-off and pick-up. Note that Middle School students must be escorted to the classroom door by a designated adult and picked up from the classroom door by a designated adult.
- Please read the complete policy for attendance and drop-off and pick-up HERE.
Coordinator: Miguel deAngel, firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the Youth Ministry Pages for details on events for teens! Upcoming highlights include:
Youth Ministry Kick-Off
Sunday, September 9, 3:30 - 6:30pm
Kick off the new school year with food and fun! Bring a friend and meet some new ones!
TEEN VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Because service is an integral part of living as a disciple of Jesus, students must complete a service project in both the 1st and the 2nd year of preparation to receive the sacrament of Confirmation:
ADULT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
There is no better way for us to model discipleship for our teens than to follow God's call to serve. In the MSHS program there are ongoing and one-time ways for parents to get involved and support our teens. Stay tuned for direct messages from Rosie regarding volunteer needs, and please consider serving in any way you can.