September 2-4 - International Festival Weekend
September 10 - Parent Meetings
September 16 - MSHS Volunteer Training
September 17 - Youth Ministry Kick-Off
September 24 - Sunday Classes Begin; HS Youth Group
September 28 - Thursday Classes Begin; MS Youth Group
October 7-8 - High School Lock-In
October 9 - Dodgeball Tournament
October 21 - Confirmation
October 22 - Diocesan High School Rally
October 28-29 - Small Acts of Mercy Weekend
We invite you to read this MSHS Newsletter every month to stay informed of Good Shepherd's
Middle and High School Faith Formation program, as well as opportunities for teen service and fun.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact MSHS Coordinator, Rosie Driscoll at firstname.lastname@example.org
We use several methods of communication to keep Middle and High School families informed:
- Website: Please visit the Teen Faith Formation Pages of the parish website for complete information about the MSHS program, including calendars, curriculum, policies/requirements, teen volunteer opportunities, and more.
- Monthly Newsletter: Rosie will send an email each month with a link to this Monthly Newsletter, which highlights important information and upcoming events.
- Bulletin Boards: The MSHS Bulletin Boards are located on the right-hand side as you enter the hallway leading to the classrooms. Here you will also find highlights of important information and upcoming events.
- Email: Rosie will send emails with important reminders as needed. If you are not receiving these emails, please contact Rosie to make sure we have your correct email address.
- Text Messages: Rosie will send text messages when we need to communicate information immediately, such as in the case of class cancellations, and to direct you to important information as needed. If you are not receiving text messages, please contact Rosie to make sure we have your correct cell phone number.
Sunday, September 24 and Thursday, September 28
We are still in need of classroom volunteers. Materials and training are provided. All volunteers must comply with Diocesan requirements of a background check and attendance at a one-time class on the protection of minors. Please contact Rosie for details on specific volunteer roles:
1st Year High School lead catechist (1) and assistant (1)
1st Year Middle School lead catechist (1) and assistant (1);
2nd Year Middle School small group facilitators (4)
1st Year Middle School lead catechist (1)
2nd Year Middle School small group facilitator (1)
Mandatory Parent Meeting
Sunday, September 10, 5:15 - 6:15pm
We will review important information about the MSHS program, as well as discuss how parents can help guide their teens on their journey to Confirmation. At least one parent must attend.
SECOND YEAR FAMILIES
Mandatory Parent Meeting
Sunday, September 10, 7:30 - 8:30pm
Parents will receive their teens' Confirmation Candidate Packets. We will explain the required elements of preparation for the sacrament of Confirmation, as well as how parents can continue to guide their teens on their journey to Confirmation. At least one parent must attend.