Celebrate Advent Through Service!
There are many ways teens can celebrate Advent by serving the parish and community. Visit the Teen Volunteer Opportunities page for December opportunities. Highlights include:
Journey to the Manger
- Thursday, December 7 -- Baking Night for Saturday's Journey to the Manger (adults needed, too)
- Saturday, December 9 -- Bring Bethlehem to life at this fun event for parish children.
- Details, times, and sign-up for both events HERE
- Wrap presents to benefit Alice's Kids or babysit to benefit Good Shepherd High School WorkCamp.
- Sign up for wrapping HERE. Contact Miguel, email@example.com to sign up for babysitting.
- Join teens from other parishes at this fun event in D.C. Meet at GS at 4:45pm, return between 9 - 10pm. Sign-Up and Permission Form HERE
- Help make our parish beautiful and welcoming for Christmas.
- Contact Anne Shingler, firstname.lastname@example.org
Students in Pre-K to 8th grade are invited to participate in the annual "Keep Christ in Christmas" poster contest. All participants receive a certificate. Local 1st and 2nd place winners receive cash prizes, and their posters may advance to District competition and beyond! Participation is easy:
- Create a poster, approximately 11x17 inches, with partcipant's name on the back.
- Complete Part 1 of the Contest Entrance Form, available HERE and on the MSHS Bulletin Board
- Turn in posters at Good Shepherd by December 17, 2017
Questions? Contact Steve Higgins, email@example.com or 703-360-7376.
SECOND YEAR STUDENTS
Reminder About Weekly Homework
All 2nd Year students are given 2 homework assignments each week:
1. Challenge of the Week: Students are asked to choose one among three weekly challenges to live their faith, and to write a few sentences reflecting on their experience.
2. Hero of the Week: Students are asked to read a one-page biography of a saint as part of their preparation to choose a Confirmation name.
Parents: Please check in with your children to encourage them to do their weekly homework and come prepared to class to talk about it in their small groups.
Visit the Youth Ministry Pages for details on upcoming events for Middle and High Schoolers!
Middle School Youth Group
Thursdays 6:15-7:15pm (when MSHS classes meet)
High School Youth Group
Sundays 7:30 - 9:00pm