Diocesan Safe Environment Lessons: Formation in Christian Chastity (Middle School) and
Tricked: Inside the World of Teen Sex Trafficking (High School)
The Arlington Diocese requires all students to take an annual Safe Environment class. The age-appropriate lesson is designed to educate youth about making safe and healthy decisions as they navigate their environments. This required class takes place for both Middle and High School during our students' regular class times on November 28 (Wednesday Classes) and December 2 (Sunday classes).
Click HERE for details on the content of grade level lessons.
- After reading the content of each lesson, parents who choose to have their child opt out of the class and teach the material at home must submit an OPT-OUT FORM directly to Rosie in the parish office or in the designated bin across from the Nursery in the RE hallway no later than Sunday, November 18. Please do not give Opt-Out Forms to your child's catechist.
If you have not already done so, please review Good Shepherd's policies for MSHS class attendance and drop-off and pick-up HERE. Thank you in advance for your cooperation both with class attendance and with drop-off and pick-up from classes.
- If you have not already submitted a Permission for Non-Parent Transport, please complete and submit directly to Rosie or in the designated bin in the RE Hallway (across from the Nursery).
In order to live the faith they are learning about in the classroom, students are required to complete a service project in each of the two years of Confirmation preparation:
Students: Visit the Teen Volunteer Opportunities Page to learn about ways to serve in the parish and with Good Shepherd community partners. If you have any questions about whether your service outside the parish "counts" for your project, contact Ms. Rosie.
Visit the MSHS Calendar Page and mark your calendars with required events in 2019. These are:
For All Students:
Questions of Faith - MSHS Speaker Series (students choose 2 of the 4 options)
- Sunday, January 27, 7:45 - 8:45pm: Does God Answer My Prayers? - Father Tom Ferguson
- Thursday, February 21, 7:00 - 8:00pm: Why Does God Allow Suffering? - Father Ramon Baez
- Thursday, March 28, 7:00 - 8:00pm: Are Faith and Science in Conflict? - Father Ed Bresnahan
- Sunday, May 19, 7:45 - 8:45pm: TBD
For 1st Year Middle School Students Only:
Saturday, May 11, 3:30 - 9:00pm: Middle School Bash
For 2nd Year Students Only:
Saturday, January 12, 11:00am - 6:00pm: 2nd Year Confirmation Retreat - High School Only
Sunday, February 10, 7:45 - 8:45pm (after the 6:30pm Mass): Meeting for Parents of 2nd Year Confirmation Candidates (Middle and High School):
Saturday, April 27, 11:00am - 6:00pm: 2nd Year Confirmation Retreat - Middle School Only
YOUTH MINISTRY EVENTS
Visit the Youth Ministry Pages for details on upcoming events for Middle and High Schoolers!