Works of Mercy Project
Students should be working to fulfill the required 6 hours of their Works of Mercy Project. Not sure what to do?
- Review the Works of Mercy Handout (in the white student binder and on the website HERE);
- Read the Project Instructions (in the student binder and on the website HERE)
- See the Teen Volunteer Opportunities page of the MSHS web pages for ideas on how you can serve!
FIRST COMMUNION STUDENTS
Saturday, February 18, 9:30am - 12:30pm
Middle and High School students preparing to receive First Communion in May must attend this retreat.
SECOND YEAR STUDENTS
High School Confirmation Retreat
Saturday, March 4
10:30am Check-In -- $20 payment due at check-in.
11am - 6pm -- Retreat.
We are excited to welcome Ingrid Sanchez-Seymour,
Director of Youth Ministry at Church of the Nativity,
as our High School Retreat facilitator!
Candidates should be in the process of completing the following requirements so that they will be ready to submit them by the due date:
Confirmation Name Form, Sponsor Letter, and Sponsor Interview
- Due on April 23 (Sunday Session) and April 27 (Thursday Session)
- These should be submitted directly to Ms. Rosie at the table in the Commons before class on the above dates.
- Can't find your red Confirmation Folder? The Confirmation Packet is available HERE.
- Candidates should be in the process of completing the required 10 hours of volunteer service for the Pentecost Project (Project details are included in the Confirmation Packet.)
- Poster due on May 21 (Sunday Session) and May 25 (Thursday Session)
- Posters should be submitted directly to catechists in class on the above dates.
- Posters will be displayed in Memorial Hall on Pentecost Sunday.
Many students have been asking what they can do for their Works of Mercy Project (1st Years) and Pentecost Project (2nd Years). Please check out the Teen Volunteer Opportunities page of the MSHS web pages for upcoming and ongoing ways to serve, such as the Valentine Dinner and Dance, Soup and Stations on Wednesday nights during Lent, Christ House, Coffee and Donuts and more!
Small Acts of Mercy Weekend
March 4 – 5 after all Masses
Come to Creedon Hall after Mass to learn about the many ways you can serve at Good Shepherd, including in the Middle and High School Faith Formation Program. Learn about and prayerfully consider becoming a catechist, assistant catechist, small group leader, hall monitor, or special project helper.
YOUTH MINISTRY EVENTS
Contact: Miguel de Angel, email@example.com
Visit the Youth Ministry Page of the Parish Website for details on upcoming events.