February 3: No Sunday classes (FCPS long weekend)
February 6: No Wednesday Classes (Catechist Appreciation Event)
February 10: Parent Meeting for parents of 2nd Year Confirmation Candidates
February 16-17: High School Lock-In
February 17: No Sunday Classes (President's Weekend)
February 21: Questions of Faith: Why Does God Allow Suffering?
March 6: Ash Wednesday - No Wednesday classes
March 9-10: Parish Mission: Making Room for God
March 17: Confirmation Name Form Due(2nd year only, Sunday classes)
March 27: Confirmation Name Form Due (2nd year only, Wednesday classes)
March 28: Questions of Faith: Is There a Conflict Between Science and Religion?
Sunday, February 10, 7:45 - 8:45pm (in English, after the 6:30pm Mass)
For parents of 2nd Year Confirmation Candidates scheduled to receive the sacrament of Confirmation in the fall of 2019. At least one parent must attend.
Thursday, February 21, 7:00 - 8:00pm
At our second session of the Questions of Faith Speaker Series, Father Ramon will help students understand why a loving God would allow human suffering. Sign up HERE.
Note: Students must attend 2 of the 4 sessions offered each year. See the complete calendar on the electronic sign-up and on the MSHS Calendar Page.
Lenten Parish Mission
Making Room for God:
Decluttering and the Spiritual Life
Saturday, March 9, 6 - 7:30pm
(After the 5pm Mass. Includes dinner, speaker for adults, and activities for ages pre-K, K-6, and teens.)
Sunday March 10, 10 - 11:30am
(After the 9am Mass. Includes breakfast, speaker for adults, and activities for ages pre-K, K-6, and teens)
- Adults will enjoy guest speaker Mary Elizabeth Sperry, author of Making Room for God: Decluttering and the Spiritual Life, as she helps us explore the relationship between physical and spiritual clutter and offers practical tips for decluttering our lives.
- Pre-K and K-6 Children will enjoy an age-appropriate activity that will help them learn to make room for God.
- Teens will have an option to either volunteer to set up, serve, and clean-up the meal, or to participate in an activity that will help them clear what clutters their minds and hearts in order to make room for God. Note: Teens can sign up to volunteer on one date and participate at the other.
Service Projects 2018-19
All MSHS students do a service project each year of their Confirmation preparation.
Highlights include the Mardi Gras Celebration and the Parish Mission, with many more opportunities to come during Lent!
Visit the Youth Ministry Pages for details on upcoming events for Middle and High Schoolers!
- High School Lock-In: Saturday, February 16 - Sunday, February 17. Start with 5pm Mass on Saturday, followed by dinner, games, a sleep-over, and Sunday morning Pancake Breakfast.
- Middle School Youth Group - Wednesdays 6:15-7:15pm (when MSHS classes meet)
- High School Youth Group - Sundays 4:30 - 6:30pm