O God, You spoke in dreams to Joseph of Israel, and You made him a steward of the material gifts You provided to sustain Your people. You spoke in dreams to Joseph of Nazareth, and You invited him to make a home for Your Son Jesus. Today You encourage us to dream, to Imagine the Possibilities of how we as stewards of the gifts You have given us may build up the spiritual home where so many encounter Jesus today. Increase in our hearts a spirit of generosity, so every member of our parish will contribute to the effort to Imagine the Possibilities for prayer, learning and service in new and expanded spaces where we will give You glory and serve our neighbor now and forever. Amen.
Good Shepherd was founded in 1965 with 900 families. Today over 3,600 families call Good Shepherd their family of faith. After 54 years of growth, the time has come to expand the parish to better meet the needs of our parishioners and ministries.
Capital Campaign History
January 2020: Parish Meeting
Father Tom and Jim O'Brien (architect from O'Brien and Keane) presented preliminary drawings for a chapel and a multi-purpose addition. Parishioners provided input on the plans.
November 2019: Feasibility Survey
June 2019: Survey Results
A Brief History:
- 1965: Parish founded; First Mass: Sunday, May 30 held in gymnasium of nearby school
- 1967: Multi-purpose building dedicated June 17 by Bishop Russell
- 1984: Worship space completed; consecrated by Bishop Keating October 21
- 1991: Community center dedicated (later named Creedon Hall) (construction included classrooms, kitchen, nursery, offices)
- 2008: Task force created to study facility updates needed to serve parish needs through 2025
- 2011: Parishioner-led task force presented a Facility Master Plan
- 2012: Renovations completed (worship space, classrooms, kitchen, restrooms, and Creedon Hall, plus HVAC, sprinklers, etc.; fulfilled most of Phase I and partial Phase II of Master Plan)
- 2019: Planning for the next phase begins!
- - June 2019: Survey Released
- - August 13 and September 4, 2019: Parish Listening Sessions
- - October 2019: Results of Survey Published