Good Shepherd was founded in 1965 with 900 families. Today over 3,600 families call Good Shepherd their family of faith. After 54 years of growth, the time has come to consider the possible expansion of the parish to better meet the needs of our parishioners and ministries. We welcome and value your input!
A Brief History:
- 1965: Parish founded; First Mass: Sunday, May 30 held in gymnasium of nearby school
- 1967: Multi-purpose building dedicated June 17 by Bishop Russell
- 1984: Worship space completed; consecrated by Bishop Keating October 21
- 1991: Community center dedicated (later named Creedon Hall) (construction included classrooms, kitchen, nursery, offices)
- 2008: Task force created to study facility updates needed to serve parish needs through 2025
- 2011: Parishioner-led task force presented a Facility Master Plan
- 2012: Renovations completed (worship space, classrooms, kitchen, restrooms, and Creedon Hall, plus HVAC, sprinklers, etc.; fulfilled most of Phase I and partial Phase II of Master Plan)
- 2019: Planning for the next phase begins!