Calendar -Please check the calendar as we are not following all FCPS workday holidays. Note that Sunday, Monday and Thursday have different calendars. Refer to the calendar for your assigned day. We will still follow FCPS inclement weather policy.
Christian Chastity Lesson - October 2, 3 and 6- The diocese requires all children in grades 1-6 to attend this lesson. The lesson plans for each grade are on the website. If you do not want your child to attend, please fill out and submit the opt out form. Your child should not attend the day of the lesson if you opt out.
Children and Youth in grades K - 8 MUST be escorted to and from class - Children must be brought into the building and taken to the classroom and then picked up at the classroom door. You MAY NOT drop off or pick children up from the circular drive or parking lot.
Non Parent Pick Up Form -Please submit this form by the first day of class (office or electronically) if you will have a non-parent adult dropping off or picking up your child. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if a teenage sibling will be picking up.
Communication -Faith Formation will send a monthly newsletter and on occasion additional email if needed through an email software program. If you are not receiving email, please let us know (or check your spam folder). You can also read all newsletters from the main Faith Formation Elementary website.
Website - The K-6 Faith Formation page on the parish website has all needed information, including calendars, special events, lessons, newsletters, forms and FAQ’s. There is additional information to support parents in sharing the Catholic faith with your children, and how you and your child(ren) can serve the parish.
Please contact email@example.com with questions!
- October 20 6:00 - 9:00pm building games & prep (pizza and fun!)
- October 26 6:00-9:00 pm Baking for Bake Sale (pizza and fun!)
- October 28 We need help with set up and at the event
Friday Faith and Fun Adult and Teen Volunteers needed for this new 4-8 grade group meeting the second Friday of each month from 6-8 pm. Food, fun, faith and service.
- Planning Meeting - November 8 from 7-8 pm - Sign up here!
Children’s Mass - Join us for our bi-monthly Children’s Masses the first and third Sunday's each month at 10:30 am Mass. After attending training on Sunday, Sept 24, 4:30 - 5:15 pm, or Thurs., Sept. 28 ,6:15 - 7:00 pm, children can serve as Jr. Ushers (4th grade and higher) or Jr. Readers (greeting only - for 6th grade and higher). Please just show up for training or email Stacy or Christina for more information!
- Altar Servers - Children 4th grade and higher can attend training Sun., Sept. 24, 3:30 - 5:30 pm.
- Shepherd’s Choir (our new children's choir for 4th - 8th grade) will meet the Wednesday prior to the first and third Sunday of the month from 5:00 -6:15 pm and perform at the 10:30 Children's Mass. No sign-up necessary; just show up! Contact Anne Shingler for more information. Download the Fall Schedule now!
- Cherub choir for grades 1-3 will meet in November and December to perform at Christmas Eve Mass. Email Anne Shingler for information.
Children’s Liturgy of the Word (CLW)
Children’s Liturgy of the Word (CLW) is an age-appropriate Liturgy of the Word offered for school-age children (Grades K-6) at the 9:00 and 10:30 am Masses (CLW will begin October 1).
During this special time, volunteers lead the children through prayers, songs and readings that are simplified for children. They study the same Scripture readings as the rest of the assembly, but they are taught a simplified main message from the readings and are encouraged to share that message with their parents.
Participation is free! New for this year, we do require all families register their children so that we know names and have emergency contact information for each child. We will be printing laminated name tags. When you come to Mass, stop in the Narthex and pick up your child/children’s name tags and they are all set! We will retrieve it from them before they return to Mass. Please click here to register!
Being part of the CLW is a rewarding experience that serves all of our parish children. All families participating in CLW are asked to volunteer approximately once per quarter. Continuation of CLW is dependent upon an increase in adult participation in this ministry. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or join us for an information meeting Wednesday, September 20, 7 pm.
Catechists & Assistants Openings -We still have need for Catechists and Assistant Catechists. If these roles are not filled by the first day of class, it will delay the start of these specific classes listed below. Please prayerfully consider helping this rewarding ministry! Contact email@example.com for more info!
- Sunday, 7:45 - Grades 4 & 6 Lead Catechist
- Monday, 5:00 - Grade 6 and Sac Prep 1, Assistant Catechist
- Thursday, 5:00 - Grade 4 Lead Catechist
- Day of Service - Help the homeless and homebound - assemble breakfast bags and other family service projects
- Homeless Walk
- Carnival - Games and activities for the kids, including: saint bingo, balloons and face painting.
- Bake Sale -Proceeds go to Emergency Assistance.
- Trunk or Treat -Learn about our parish ministries as the kids get treats. Vote for your favorite trunk. (If you would like to sponsor a trunk contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- All Saints Day Parade -Have the kids come in Saint costumes, parade at 2:30 - prizes awarded October 28-29 following All Masses
Join us in Creedon Hall for refreshments and activities.Teen and adult volunteers needed.
Donations for Breakfast Bags Needed!
Contact email@example.com with questions.
- September 10 - Deadline for Change Request Forms
- September 16-17 -Final Class Lists Posted - Classes without Catechists will be delayed!
- September 16, 2017 -Catechist Training - volunteers needed to donate food and serve!
- September 24, 25 and 28 First Day of Religious Education Classes - please see notes for first day procedures.
- September 24 (4:30-5:15) and 28 (6:15-7:00) Altar Server and Jr.Reader/Jr. Usher Training.
- October 1, 2 and 5 -Christian Chastity Lesson during class
- October 1, 2 and 5 All Saints Project handed out - due October 22, 23 and 26 - in class!
- October 28 - October 29 - All Saints Day Celebration/ Day of Service
- November 18 -Homeless Campout
- November 19 - Jesse Tree Event after 9:00 and 10:30 Mass
- December 9 - Journey to the Manger 6:00- 8:00 pm