We can't believe November is almost upon us! We are already planning for Advent and Christmas. Please review the exciting family events coming up this fall and winter. Look in the classroom hallway starting next week for your child's saint project. Great job K-6!
October 31- All Saints Day Celebration - CANCELLED
November 1 and 2 - NO CLASS
November 8 and 9- Sacrament of Reconciliation for students in Grades 3 and 5
Drop your child off at Creedon Hall 2/3 (middle portion) instead of going to their classroom. You will pick your child up from their regular classroom at the end of class.
November 14 - 1:00-4:00 pm - Service Saturday sponsored by Families in Action
- Service Activities for family members of all ages!
- Donations are needed for this family friendly event. See attached flyer.
- Volunteers are needed to help the day of the event. Click here to sign up.
- Questions to Pooja Krumenacker, Coordinator of Families in Action, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A family friendly experience learning first hand what it is like to be homeless for a night. Build a home out of cardboard boxes, visit the "soup kitchen" (Creedon Hall), and visit the shelter if it gets too cold (Creedon Hall).
- Everyone participates in Mass Saturday evening.
- Teens 14 and up can camp on their own with a permission slip and enough compliant adults.
- Questions can be directed to Miguel at email@example.com
November 21 6:00 - 8:00 pm Jesse Tree Event
- Join us at the 5:00 Mass followed by an event celebrating the life of Jesus.
- Learn what a ‘Jesse Tree’ is and begin making one with your family. You’ll take home materials to finish with your family throughout the Advent season.
- Open to all families.
- Meal served after Mass
November 22 and 23 - Students will make Advent wreath in class
- Plan to bring the wreath made by the students as well as your family advent wreath to Mass on November 28 and 29.
- Advent Wreaths will be available for sale at Good Shepherd Nov 14/15 and Nov 20/21 after Masses.
- Wear Purple to Mass
- Bring your family advent wreath and kids can bring their own wreaths for a blessing during Mass
- Celebrate the first Sunday of Advent
December 5- Christmas Event: Journey to the Manger, 6:00 – 8:00pm
- Join us at the 5:00 Mass followed by the Journey to the Manger.
- Your family will Journey to Bethlehem on the night Jesus was born.
- You’ll meet and interact with shopkeepers, shepherds, innkeepers and Mary and Joseph.
- Crafts, games, activities and food
- A presentation of the Christmas story to end the evening.
- RSVP to help us plan for food and materials - Space is limited!
- Click here for more information!
- Please sign-up here if you would like to volunteer! We need teens who like drama and helping small children!
December 8 - Begins the Year of Mercy
The Holy Year of Mercy will be an opportunity to encourage your family to live the Works of Mercy. We will incorporate this theme throughout our program to reflect the Pope's call to forgive and show mercy. The motto, "Merciful Like the Father" reminds us to follow the merciful example of the Father who asks us not to judge or condemn but to forgive and to give love and forgiveness. Keep an eye out for more information.
December 20 and 21 - No Class
December 27 and 28 - No Class
Parents are needed to volunteer as substitute catechists, substitute assistants and hall monitors at each session. Without extra volunteers, classes will have to be cancelled when our volunteers are out. Please see Christina or Stacy to pick up a packet. The packets should be submitted to the main parish office as soon as possible so paperwork can be processed. Please contact Christina or Stacy for more details.
Parents must walk all children to the classroom door before class and must pick them up at the door. Students dropped off without a parent will be taken to the office; parent called and asked to return to the church. The child will remain in the office until a parent arrives. Blessings,
Stacy and Christina