We hope you are enjoying this beautiful Christmas season! Below are also some upcoming events and reminders.
**Classes Resume on Sunday, January 3 and Monday, January 4, 2016. Please be sure to escort your child to class as we are still in need of subs for some classes and may have to cancel class.
Critical Need for Volunteers
We are in critical need of substitutes and hall monitors at all sessions. Without substitutes, we cannot meet our Safe Environment requirements and we will cancel classes. Paperwork packets are available at the front office (required by diocese). VIRTUS session being held at Good Shepherd on Saturday January 9 from 9-1 (required by diocese).
Please contact Stacy if you have questions or want more information firstname.lastname@example.org. Weather Cancellations
Please remember that we follow the Fairfax County inclement weather policy, even on weekends: If FCPS cancels classes and/or extracurricular activities, then class is cancelled. In some cases, we may find it prudent to cancel classes even though FCPS has not yet made an announcement. Therefore, please check the following resources to confirm the status of classes:
- Parish website, www.gs-cc.org will post weather cancellations on the Home Page (you can also check the Faith Formation Elementary page);
- Call (703) 780-4055, and hit X331. If classes are cancelled, we will post a message at that extension
- Download the Parish App, enable push notifications, and you will be notified of cancellations via the App.
- Check our twitter pages @gsffk6 or@GoodShepherdCC.
Class Procedures Reminders
Children may not be alone in the building. Please escort your child to and pick him/her up from the classroom door. You may not drop your child off in the circle drive nor may a sibling under the age of 18 pick up a child. (If you have a teen sibling that is driving, please contact Stacy or Christina to discuss).
January 23, 5:00 pm
Join the 5th graders as they participate in Mass Saturday night.
Year of Mercy Event- January 23, 6:00 - 8:00pm - Do Justly, Walk Humbly, Love Mercifully
Join Faith Formation, Families in Action, and Social Justicefor a family fun event to kick off the year of mercy. It includes food, fun, games, and takeaways to incorporate the Works of Mercy into your family life. Watch the website and bulletin boards for ways to show mercy and receive mercy throughout the year!
Mark Your Calendar
- January 17-18 No Class
- January 23 and 30 First Reconciliation Retreat forsecond year sacrament students (please chooseONE date) 10:00 - 12:00— sign up through the signup genius link that was sent to you. Check the bulletin board to confirm your registration. Email email@example.com if you need the signup sent again.
Stacy and Christina