Saturday, December 12
- 5:00am Mañanitas (a musical serenade) and Mass (in Spanish), followed by a reception with hot chocolate and pastries.
- 9:00am Mass (in English)
- 7:30pm Fiesta with music, traditional dances and a food sale after the 6:30pm Spanish Mass.
(Check out our website for details on these activities and more: CLICK HERE)
- Lessons and Carols Sunday, December 13, 4:30pm Join us for music and scripture in celebration of Advent and anticipation of Christmas.
- Giving Tree - Deadline this Sunday - Make the holiday brighter for over 1,000 children in our community. Take an ornament from our Giving Tree, purchase a gift and bring the new unwrapped gift to our drop-off bin by Sunday, Dec. 13.
- Evening of Reconciliation - Prepare your heart for Christmas and experience God's loving mercy! Monday, December 14 with two sessions: 4:30-5:30pm and6:30-8:00pm.
- Las Posadas - begins Tuesday, December 15 (Monday - Friday, 6:30pm). Families portray Mary and Joseph's journey from Nazareth to Bethlehem.
- Gift Wrapping (to benefit Alice's Kids) - Saturday, Dec. 19, 9am-2pm at Good Shepherd. Drop off your gifts to be beautifully wrapped by volunteers. Proceeds benefit local non-profit (and recipient of a Shepherd's Gate Grant).
- Jesse Tree (ongoing) Check out the Jesse Tree in the Commons as we add a new ornament each day to tell the story of Christmas. LEARN MORE
CHRISTMAS MASS SCHEDULE
Christmas Eve, Thursday, December 24
4pm*, 6pm, 8pm, 10pm
(midnight in Spanish)
*4pm Mass in the church and Creedon Hall; parking and shuttle Mt. Vernon HS
Christmas Day, Friday, December 25
(2pm in Spanish)
YEAR OF MERCY - Pilgrimage to Franciscan Monastery
As part of our celebrations for the Jubilee Year of Mercy, we are planning a Pilgrimage to the beautiful Franciscan Monastery in DC on Tuesday, December 29. Plan to join us for a private tour and Mass with Father Tom. Contact Miguel for more info.
THANK YOU - JOURNEY TO THE MANGER WAS A SUCCESS!
Many thanks to all those who made the event possible with their hard work and planning! And many thanks to all who came and participated! Check out photoson Facebook.
THANK YOU FOR USING FAITH DIRECT!
Switching from envelopes to Faith Direct is one way to help the parish. Even if your giving amount stays the same, switching to Faith Direct helps the parish budget more efficiently, and saves the time and expense of using paper envelopes. Information and sign up HERE.