- Lent Brochure is now available! See this weekend's bulletin for your copy, or READ HERE!
- Lent Reflection books available in the Commons (Suggested $1 donation)
- Bishops's Lenten Appeal BLA. Prayerfully consider making a pledge. Through your support of this important appeal, you become the hands and heart of our Lord Jesus!
- Girl Scouts Cookie Sale Sunday, February 26 after 9am, 10:30am and 2pmMasses
Parish Mardi Gras Celebration
Tuesday, February 28
The Knights of Columbus are making pancakes, and our Faith Formation team has activities planned to make a fun and meaningful Mardi Gras celebration! The dinner is FREE but please RSVP to help us plan.
Ash Wednesday, March 1
Distribution of Ashes:
6:30am, 9am and 6pm Mass plus 12 Noon Service of the Word
In Spanish: 6:30am (Mass in Creedon Hall) and 7:30pm
*NO Eucharistic Adoration and Confession on Ash Wednesday.
*Lent begins Ash Wednesday, March 1. For opportunities for Prayer, Fasting and Almsgiving - CLICK HERE
Next Weekend: Small Acts of Mercy Weekend March 4 - 5
Looking for a way to reconnect with God? Want to deepen your prayer life? Plan on being a part of our SAM Spiritual Acts of Mercy Weekend! The weekend will include a special Mass with Anointing of the Sick, plus a Spiritual Resources Fair to share prayer opportunities and more!
The Light is On for You!
The Sacrament of Reconciliation is available at all parishes in the Archdiocese of Washington and the Diocese of Arlington
Wednesdays during Lent: 6:30 - 8pm
(Starts March 8; NOT on Ash Wednesday)
This is a great opportunity to experience God’s mercy and love through the Sacrament of Reconciliation!
For Teens: Youth Groups and More!
- High School Nights - Sundays, 7:30 - 9pm
- Middle School Youth Group - Thursdays, 6:30 - 7:30pm * No YG Today, Feb. 23
- High School WorkCamp - Register now for this life-changing experience of faith and service. Space is limited. Contact: email@example.com
Lent Initiative: #40Days40Ways
Sign up for 40Days40Ways with Pope Francis (developed by the Diocesan Office for Family Life.) 40Days40Ways promises a more intimate experience of God’s love this Lent by exploring the love we share with our families and those who are dearest to us. To sign up: text 'ways' to 84576 and receive daily reflections and a challenge which offer a “way” to keep our hearts and minds focused on the joy of Easter.
Parking Lot Etiquette
For everyone's safety, please do not park in Fire Lanes (marked by signs and yellow-painted curbs), or on the grass, or blocking the driveway for the rectory. It's especially important not to block the circle in front of the main entrance of the church to allow for emergency vehicles. Please obey all posted signs for speed limits, parking, and turns in our parking lot and on neighboring streets. Thank you!
Inclement Weather Policy (Just in case!)
Stay tuned for our latest announcements!
Visit: gs-cc.org or download our FREE Mobile App
"Loving as Christ loves, serving as Christ serves."