CALENDAR HIGHLIGHTS (see the complete Calendar HERE)
September 12: 1st Year Parent Meeting (in English), 4:00 - 5:00pm
September 13: 2nd Year Parent Meetings (3:30pm in Spanish, 5:15pm in English)
September 19: 1st Year Parent Meeting (in Spanish), 5:15 – 6:15pm
September 20: Sunday classes and High School Youth Group begin
September 24: Thursday classes and Middle School Youth Group begin
October 10: Confirmation Masses, 10am and 2pm
October 11 & 15: NO CLASS
Read the Attendance Policy and Procedures for Drop-Off and Pick-Up.
- Students: Remember to bring your Workbook and folder or binder to every class!
- Parents: Note that Middle School students must be escorted directly to their classroom and picked up directly from their classroom by their designated adult. Students whose parents are late will be escorted to Classroom 1 to wait with Rosie. Thanks for your cooperation!
- See the FAQ page for answers to common questions.
FAITH AND FUN
Good Shepherd Youth Groups
- Middle School Youth Group, Thursdays 6:30 – 7:30pm (when MSHS classes meet)
- High School Youth Group, Sundays 7:30 – 9:00pm
Students: It’s not too early to get started on your MSHS service requirements!
1st Year students: Works of Mercy Project
2nd Year Students: Pentecost Project
Here are a few current opportunities for teens:
Confirmation Mass Check-In and Receptions – Help with Check-in and the Reception for one of the Confirmation Masses on Saturday, October 10. Sign up HERE
Super Service Saturday - Saturday, October 17. contact Stacy Austin
Children’s Liturgy of the Word (CLOW) offers a child-centered Liturgy of the Word in the Parlor Lounge during the 9am Mass. They are looking for teen volunteers to serve as musicians and lectors, and to help the little ones as needed. Contact: Claudia Evans,firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-969-5039
Stay tuned for the updated Guide to Teen Volunteer Opportunities, to be posted on the MSHS Student and Parent Resources page of the website.
Parents: There are lots of ways to get involved throughout the year. (We could also really use the help!) Our immediate needs are:
Hall Monitors – Can you serve during your child’s class session once or twice/month? Contact Rosie to receive the sign-up for your child's session.
Volunteers must be Safe Environment compliant – contact Rosie for details.
Translators – If you are bilingual and able to translate written communications from English to Spanish, please contact Rosie.