February 8 - No Thursday classes
(except for 2nd Year 8th grade make-up class)
February 14 - Ash Wednesday
February 16 - 1st Soup and Stations - Continuing every Friday in Lent (except Good Friday)
February 17 - High School Lock-In
February 18 - No Sunday classes
February 24 - Reconciliation Retreat for 2nd Year First Communion students
March 10 - High School Confirmation Retreat (2nd Year)
March 12 - Pizza and Penance
March 17 - Middle School Confirmation Retreat (2nd Year)
April 22 - Middle School Bash
Mass times with distribution of ashes:
- In English: 6:30am, 9am, 12pm, 6pm
- In Spanish: 6am (in Creedon Hall) and 7:30pm
Soup and Stations of the Cross
Each Friday during Lent from February 16 - March 23
6:00pm Stations in English; 6:30pm Soup Supper; 7:00pm Stations in Spanish
Each week there will be a different family-friendly presentation of the Stations of the Cross and a soup supper served in Creedon Hall.
- Presentations include Shadow Stations by High School Youth Group on Friday, March 16.
- See service opportunities for teens below.
Pizza and Penance
Monday, March 12
Sacrament of Reconciliation from 4:30 - 5:30pm and 6:30 - 8:00pm. Pizza served from 4 - 8pm.
Priests available for Reconciliation in English and Spanish.
Lenten Teen Service Opportunities
Upcoming highlights include:
- Students may not make up a missed class by attending a class at a different session.
- Any make-up work potentially provided by the catechist does not make up for the absence.
In accordance with the original MSHS Calendar, the following classes DO NOT MEET:
- First Year Middle School, First Year High School, Second Year High School.
- 5:00pm: 2nd Year Middle School (meets in Creedon Hall with lead catechist Mrs. Dobson and small group leaders: Mrs. Powell, Mrs. Bryant, Mrs. Todd, Angel, Cibely, and Estrella).
- 7:15pm: 2nd Year Middle School (meets in Creedon Hall with lead catechist Mr. Lynch and small group leaders: Ms. Yesenia, Gabriela, Jasmin, Cynthia, Kathryn).
FIRST YEAR STUDENTS
Middle School Bash!
Saturday, April 21, 3:30 - 9:00pm
Bishop O'Connell High School
All First Year Middle School students are expected to attend. Transportation from Good Shepherd provided. Cost and and additional details TBD.
Service to Parish Project
First Year students complete a service project of a minimum of 6 hours of service at Good Shepherd, or with a Good Shepherd ministry,
SECOND YEAR STUDENTS
High School Confirmation Retreat
Saturday, March 10, 12:30 - 7:30pm
at Good Shepherd
The retreat will be facilitated by Ingrid-Sanchez-Seymour, Youth Minister from Nativity Parish.
Middle School Confirmation Retreat
Saturday, March 17, 11am - 6pm at Good Shepherd
The retreat will be facilitated by a team of 12 young adult missionaries from NET Ministries. (Check out their video to the right).
We'll be asking MSHS families to house and feed 2+ team members during their stay. This is a wonderful opportunity for your teens to have closer contact with young adults who are passionate about our Catholic faith. Stay tuned for details, but in the meantime please prayerfully consider whether you can welcome any of these wonderful young adults into your home for one or two nights.
Please see the complete Calendar of required Confirmation events and paper work deadlines HERE.
Visit the Youth Ministry Pages for details on upcoming events for Middle and High Schoolers!
Contact Miguel, firstname.lastname@example.org