Drop-Off and Pick-Up Policy
- All Middle School students (regardless of age) must be walked to their classroom and parents must stay until the Catechist arrives.
- All Middle School students (regardless of age) must be picked up at their classroom.
- Students remaining 5 minutes after the end of class will be escorted to the Information Counter in the Commons to wait with the MSHS Coordinator until they are picked up.
- Students transported by an adult who is not the parent must submit the Permission for Non-Parent Transport to the student's Catechist. Hard copies will be available at the 1st Year and 2nd Year Tables on the first day of class.
- High School students may depart the classroom to meet their ride in the parking lot.
- If the High School student's ride is late, the student must wait inside the building until his/her ride arrives.
1st Year Table
Parents who missed the 1st Year Orientation should stop at the table in the Commons to pick up:
- Student & Parent Covenant. Parents and students should read the Covenants together, sign them, and return them to their Catechist on the 2nd day of classes.
- St. Peter Medal. A gift for 1st Year students to encourage them to, like St. Peter, have the courage and faith to get out of their boats to encounter Jesus as they explore their faith in the coming year.
2nd Year Table
All 2nd Year parents should pick up their Parent Guide to CHOSEN: Your Journey Toward Confirmation. The Parent Guide provides you with the topics your children will explore each week, suggested conversation starters, and additional resources to help you accompany your child on his/her journey toward Confirmation.
2nd Year parents were also asked in the September Newsletter to:
- Watch the CHOSEN Invitation to Parents HERE (5 minutes) and the CHOSEN Parent's Session HERE (20 minutes).
- Mark your calendar for the Confirmation Parent Meeting on Saturday, November 12, 4:00 - 5:00pm
Need for Adult Volunteers
We are still in significant need of Safe Environment compliant adult volunteers at the Thursday Session:
- Catechists: 2 First Year Middle School catechists at the 5:30pm session
- Assistants: 1 First Year Middle School assistant at the 5:30pm Session; 1 First Year High School assistant at the 7:30pm session
- Hall Monitors: 2 Hall Monitors at the 5:30pm session and 2 Hall Monitors at the 7:30pm session
Classes without a catechist and assistant will be cancelled.
Hall Monitors are vital to maintain the safety and security of our teens and adult volunteers.