Welcome to another wonderful year at Good Shepherd! We have a lot of exciting things planned this year.
Good Shepherd's International Festival is just around the corner. See our website for all the details on this weekend of celebration including 5k and White Elephant on Saturday, Multi-Cultural Mass on Sunday, and the Festival on Monday.
We have a critical need for volunteers in many areas to make this event happen - please sign up after Masses this weekend to work a 1 or 2 hour shift in one of these areas:
- ticket sales
- children's games or other booth
- grounds assistance
Faith Formation Classes
- Questions? Stacy Austin and Christina Steele are your Co-Coordinators for K-6 Faith Formation. All communications should be addressed to email@example.com and will be answered by either Christina or Stacy. In addition, you can reach us at 703-780-4055 Ext. 331, to receive the latest Faith Formation information.
- Final Class Rosters will be posted in the Classroom Hallway on Friday, September 4 and letters will be mailed to your home on Tuesday September 8.
- More Volunteers Needed – Some classes may not begin on time due to lack of volunteers. We have filled most Lead Catechist positions, but still need some Assistants and other Volunteers – no prior experience required. Please check the bulletin board and prayerfully consider if you can help. If you or someone you know might be interested in volunteering, have them contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mark your calendar for the first day of class - September 20 or 21. The full RE calendar is currently available here and on the parish website under Faith Formation Elementary. It will also be sent home in your child’s Take Home Folder the first day.
Stacy and Christina