Happy November! With no class this upcoming week, please let us know if there is anything you need or if you want to meet. We are both in town.
- No Class – Sunday, Monday and Wednesday - November 6, 7, and 9
- Class – Sunday, Monday and Wednesday- November 13, 14 and 15 – Remember 4th – 6th grade Catechists, we will have a Vocation’s Presentation in Creedon Hall. Boys and girls will be in separate rooms. I will email specific instructions next week. You will not have to prepare a lesson.
- November Catechist Social – Wednesday, November 15, 7pm – Meet some Catechists, enjoy some appetizers, and learn some new ideas on teaching Advent in class. Families can bring their personal wreaths for a blessing as well. RSVP Here.
- Class – Sunday, Monday - November 20, 21 – Last Class before Advent. Make Advent Wreaths to bring to Mass November 27 for a blessing.
- No Class – Wednesday, November 23 – Happy Thanksgiving!
- No Class – Sunday, Monday, Wednesday - November 27, 28, and 30 – Happy Thanksgiving!
- Last day of Year of Mercy – Christ the King – November 20
- First day of Advent November 27- Encourage kids to wear purple to Mass. Bring your Advent Wreath to Mass for a blessing.
Upcoming Special Events
- Saturday, November 19th, 6pm – Jesse Tree Event - Have dinner and make your own Jesse Trees ornaments. Flyers will be going home with children. Please let families know in emails they must RSVP.
- Saturday, December 10th, 6pm – Journey to the Manger- Travel back to Bethlehem the night Jesus was born. This VBS style event will have food, games, crafts, and characters from the Bible visiting Bethlehem. We will begin advertising soon. Keep your eyes out for more information. Teen volunteers and actors are needed!
- Join us for this year’s Catechetical Conference, “If you Knew the Gift of God (Jn 4:10): The Gift of Prayer and the Gift of Faith,” Saturday, November 12 from 9am – 4pm at the Sheraton Hotel in Reston, Virginia. Please click here for a detailed list of speakers plus the registration form. Please follow the instructions to register directly with the diocese. Please let us know if you are attending though so that we may keep track firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to see you there!
- Please consider joining us at Good Shepherd for our annual Advent Retreat. The retreat will be led by Fr. Ramon Baez, Saturday December 3. You can click here for more information and RSVP.
- Please clean-up your class room before you leave. Put all your supplies away (including erasers and dry erase markers) and prayer tables.
- Please tell Stacy and Christina if you will be out or are sick so we can find a sub either as a lead or assistant Catechists. The earlier we know, the better.
- Please remember to turn in your attendance before you leave in the box next to the kitchen door.
- Please be in your classroom at least 10 minutes before class starts so parents can start to drop off children.
Blessings, Christina and Stacy